28 July 2013

Blessing in disguise.

Just read through my SOTA report book and memories just flooded back in my mind.
I remember how I struggled through every project and challenges in class but now when I reflect back on those years, I'm truly grateful to have been through all the tedious training. I can confidently tell others who weren't from SOTA that I have received a very unique education, anchored in the arts. Even though I left SOTA, it wasn't because I didn't like the school or the people there, but I knew that I wasn't cut out for IB and IB was not what I wanted to pursue. 

I also recalled that I was rather panicky whenever it was time for Teacher-Parent sessions in school cos I was afraid that the teachers might gonna tell my mom about how badly I've done and probably nag about my attitude for learning that particular subject. "I don't need others to tell me about my child, I'm certain that I know her better than they do." Now tears just welled up my eyes cos I couldn't be more thankful and assured that neither academics nor school can bring me down because I have my family who believes in me.

I do have conflicts with my parents like anyone else but nevertheless they have been a strong pillar that I can rely on. My mom used to tell me that she wasn't afraid that I failed my math but she was afraid that I would develop low self-esteem because I couldn't perform well. I just can't ask for better parents who truly cares for me, not weighing on my ability to perform, but simply because of their genuine love.

'But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.'
2 Corinthians 12:9

All glory to my dear Daddy God :')

No comments: